“LOVE IS IN THE HAIR”
…or at least it should be, unless…cold winter temps are causing dryness and the frizzies!!!
With the cold weather wreaking havoc on our hair and nails, February is the perfect month to
pamper and protect, so here are the top 10 ways to shower your hair and nails with a little love.
1. Make sure you drink plenty of water, 8 – 10 glasses a day to stay fully hydrated.
2. Limit your sodium intake – the wrath of winter is doing a good job of drying you out – so DON’T add to it.
3. Up your consumption of healthy fats including avocados, almonds and salmon.
4. Don’t wash your hair everyday, skip a day or two!
5. Treat your hair to a customized REDKEN Winter Recovery Treatment and Blow-dry style at Lavish Color Salon for only $40.
6. Wear a hat when you are out in the cold – yes, I said it – WEAR A HAT! Spray the inside with REDKEN 32 Control Addict Hairspray to prevent those pesky “fly-aways” and to help prevent hat hair.
7. Give yourself an at-home deep conditioning mask once a week. We recommend REDKEN All Soft & Extreme Smart Hair Care Masks.
8. Put gloves on before you go outside.
9. Get a Paraffin Hand Treatment at Lavish Color Salon to restore your skin’s natural oils.
10. Apply cuticle oil and hand cream at bedtime – we recommend Nail RX and Hempz Lotion.
So there you have it – my top 10 ways to show your hair and nails a little love this winter.
Hope you enjoyed reading my blog and please be kind to your body – it’s the only one you have!
If you have any questions or comments, please let me know and it will be my pleasure to answer or suggest or do a little of both.
Tracey Watts Cirino